Friday, May 25, 2012

A Slacker is Me

I can't believe I haven't posted since April. O_O Sorry!

I have a few posts in the works, mostly for my 'Judge's Table' series, however they're all photo heavy and I have yet to take the appropriate pictures.

Next weekend is ConCarolinas. This will be my last year as the Contest Organizer. It's time to give up the contest to someone who can better tailor it to the CC crowd. My strength is in the basics, and CC is quickly becoming specialized. I'm seeing more and more Steampunk, which isn't something I'm into. Therefore I feel like I'm cheating the contestants since I don't understand their process. I know I sound a little weird with that, but it's true. Find me in person and I can explain better but I can't seem to get my thoughts about it in writing. Steampunk is great, but I find it hard to judge because it crosses so many of the classical rules I can't wrap my brain around it. So much is re-purposed and it's hard to spot purchases vs. home made.

Anyway...since this is my last year at the table I want to go out with a bang (assuming my a/c will work long enough for me to get anything done). I have 3.5 costumes planned.

Telma - Seriously I started her in 09 and I have yet to finish her for whatever reason. I think it's because I hate painting fabric. >_<
Closet Gotham City Imposter - It ended up way more custom that I planned. Way WAY more custom.
revamped Klingon - New shirt, remixed skirt, new arm bands
Hostess - She's my .5 since the dress was purchased. I am making a new apron though.

Will I see any of you lovelies there? I'll be hitting up Klingon Karaoke. Come watch me embarrass myself!!


No comments:

Post a Comment