Monday, April 2, 2012

Nashicon 2012

First, I'm using blogger's new settings/views so if this is a little off I apologize.

Nashicon was a blast! Once again Lauren and the gang put on a great con!

Several big things happened for Nashi this year. First was the move off of USC's campus and into a convention center. We had to share the space with two other events, however we still had more than enough wiggle room (most of the time). Second was the addition of Voice Actors to the guest list. I didn't get to meet them aside from a quick room change (autographs to costume contest), but they both seemed really nice and laid back. Spike was joking around with the contest entries and they ate it up! Third was a full a most noticeable attendance rise. According to the powers above, they hit around 1300. Score!

I think my most successful panel was Sailor Moon Eternal. My judging and wigs panels were sparsely attended, but I think (or at least I hope) it was because most people were still in registration at that point. I think it's time to retire them from Nashi since I think they're too specialize for the crowd. I'll think on it later when my brain comes back into focus.

Overall I had bunches of fun with my hotel roomies and all my friends. I can't wait for next year! Woo!!

x-posted to LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment