Thursday, November 3, 2011

Roundcon 2011.1

Apparently I can't post anything in a timely manner. *le sigh*

Roundcon 2011.1 was on 10/21-10/23 in Columbia, SC. There were two this year in order to reset the time of year it's held. Previously the con was primarily gaming, but after some staff changes it became a mix of table top game (still the primary draw), video games, and anime.

There was a numbers issue due to tons of competition, but I'm fairly sure those who attended had a good time.

I once again headed up the costume track. I was once again forgotten about in the program guide. >_< *shakes fist at Sean* What's the point in giving you my profile if you don't put me somewhere. GAH! I have been promised (after several threats) that I will get a full page in the next guide with lots of glitter and ass-kissing.

I had a small group of people who were with me for almost the entire con. We had lots of silly silly fun. Friday night was a hair-falls workshop. Saturday was a mish-mash of cosplay panels, wig helping, and more silliness. The costume contest had a very good turn out and was the highlight of the con. Sunday I had an informal Sailor Moon panel, then headed home around 1pm.

I didn't bring a single costume. Because of that only a few people recognized me. Apparently wearing full Klingon gear leaves an impression on people. Ha!

My next con is Ichibancon on 1/5-1/8 in Charlotte. Even though it's only their 3rd year, it's already up to a 4 day convention. Hopefully the site is bigger because last year was a jam-packed mess! Anyway, I'm hoping to have something fun done in time. I'd better punch it because there's only 2 months to make 3 costumes, two of which are rather labor intensive. Gold Lame will be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment